Paneer Kadhai, a favourite dish for all Paneer lovers. Well, i am not much a fan of Paneer but i like the flavour of bell peppers in this dish. Simple and easy recipe, very quick to make and perfect for potluck parties. Here it is -
1) 1/2 pound Paneer
2) 1 big green/red bell pepper
3) 3 tomatoes
4) 1 inch ginger
5) 3-4 green chillies
6) 1 tspn cumin seeds
7) a pinch of asafoetida
8) 1 tspn turmeric powder
9) 1 tspn cumin-coriander powder
10)1 tspn red chilli powder
11)1/2 tspn dried fenugreek leaves(kasoori methi)
12)Salt to taste
13)Oil for frying
1) Dice the paneer and bell peppers into cubes.
2) Heat oil in a kadhai/wok and fry the paneer cubes till slightly brown. Now fry the bell peppers for a minute.
3) Puree the tomatoes, ginger and green chillies together in a blender.
4) Heat cumin seeds in the oil. Once they crackle, add asafoetida and the blended mixture.
5) Add all the powders, salt and cook the tomato puree until it becomes almost half the quantity.
6) Now add the paneer pieces and the bell peppers. Mix well.
7) Cover and cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
8) Paneer Kadhai is ready. Serve hot with chapatis/rotis.