Finally, i have created my own food blog which i was thinking of since many many days. I would be posting those recipes which i have learnt from my mother, my grand-mother and ofcourse my mother-in-law who themselves are great cooks. I would also be posting those recipes which are of my own and experimented on my dear husband. No doubt he makes complete justice to my food. So, here goes my first recipe which is one of my favourite - Bhindi Masala.
Okra - 2 cups
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
salt as per taste.
1 tbsp besan or gram flour
1) Wash the okra and pat dry the okra completely. Cut the ends of okra and slice them lengthwise into half.
2) Heat oil in a wide skillet and add the cumin seeds.
3) Once the cumin seeds crackle add asafoetida and stir.
4) Add the okra pieces and mix it well. Turn the heat on medium. Close the lid and cook the okra till tender. It should take about 7-8 minutes. Keep stirring after every 2 minutes.
5) Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix it well.
6) Add salt and the gram flour. Stir fry it for another minute and okra is ready.
7) Garnish with coriander and serve hot.