Sunday, April 13, 2008

Peas-Cheese Paratha


I was talking with my friend Madhura the other day and she said that she makes Peas Parathas and they come out to be very good. Peas Paratha impressed me and she was very kind for sharing her recipe with me. Thanks Madhura. I decided to try them the same day and when I told this to my hubby, it sounded interesting to him too. He said,"Why dont you try Panner-Peas Paratha instead". That sounded a very good idea to me but I didnt have Paneer in my Pantry so finally, decided to make it with Cheese. So, here goes Peas-Cheese Paratha -
Ingredients -
For the dough -
2 cups whole wheat flour
water.
Oil
For the stuffing -
1 cup boiled peas
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1/2 inch ginger
a bunch of cilantro
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
Oil

Method -
1) Mix 2 cups of atta. Add enough water to knead the dough. Rest the dough for about 30 minutes and make 8 balls of same size.
1) Boil the green peas and mash it. Keep it aside.
2) Grind the green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds and coriander together to form a paste.
2) Heat oil in a pan and add the grinded paste and saute.
3) Add the mashed peas, cumin-coriander powder, salt and mix it well. Saute for some time.
4) Remove from heat and cool the mixture.
5) Once cooled add the cheese and make 8 equal portions of the mixture.

6) Take a ball of dough and roll it to a flat circle. Place one portion of the stuffing in the middle and pull up the edges to cover the filling. Repeat this with all the balls. Do not roll the stuffed balls immediately otherwise the stuffing would come outside. Rest it for a couple of minutes.
7) Now roll each of these balls into a flat and thick circle.
8) Fry the paratha on a hot griddle using few drops of oil to fry from both the sides.
9) Serve hot with curd, pickle, ketchup or any spicy gravy. I served this with curd and garlic chutney.

Thanks Madhura once again if you are reading this. The Parathas were awesome.

No comments: