Saturday, June 21, 2008
I won't write much about this instead would directly go to the recipe. This one's is hubby's favourite and is always in demand. Here it goes -
1 box/1 pound White Mushroom
1 bowl frozen peas
1 Onion chopped finely
1 Tomato chopped finely
1/2 tspn cumin seeds
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
a pinch of asafoetida
1 tspn ginger-garlic paste
1 tspn cumin-coriander powder
1 tspn chilli powder (I used Kolhapuri Masala which is made up of dry roasting and grinding all the spices. Will post the recipe soon. You can use chilli powder instead)
Salt as per taste
A bunch of chopped coriander
1) Wash the mushrooms and cut them in small pieces.
2) Heat oil in a kadhai and do the seasoning. Add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds.
3) Add onions and saute till light brown.
4) Now add the tomatoes. Once they are mushy add the ginger-garlic paste and the cumin-coriander powder. Mix well and saute for few minutes.
5) Now add mushrooms the peas. Mix well and add little water. Remember that mushrooms tend to let out water so, add very little water. Close the lid and let it cook for sometime.
6) Add salt and chilli powder. Mix well, close the lid and let it cook again for some time.
7) Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander.