I love to include salads in my meals. Recently I tried Avacados and i simply loved this fruit. Avacado, is a fruit similar to a pear in shape but has a large oval shaped seed inside. It also has a proper way of cutting this fruit. These are grown in Mexico and the famous Guacamoule used in Mexican food is made from Avacados.
I tried this salad giving it an Indian touch to it and we loved it. It can also be served as a side dish.
For selecting Avacados and to check if they are ripe, press it slowly with your thumb and if it gets pressed softly, its ripe and ready to use.
You would need -
1) 1 Avacado peeled and cut into pieces.
2) 1 small tomato chopped finely
3) 1 small onion chopped finely
4) 2-3 springs of sping onion chopped finely
5) 2 green chillies chopped finely
6) A bunch of cilantro to garnish
7) Salt, black pepper and cumin-coriander powder to taste
Add all the ingredients except the Avacados to a mixing bowl and mix well. Add Avacados and just give them a quick mix. This prevents them from smashing.
This salad is healthy and nutritious and now i have Avacados regularly in my pantry!