This was an awesome dish I tried today. Its very easy and healthy and also a good change than our usual simple dal. Here is what you need -
1) 1 cup spinach washed and chopped finely.
2) 1 cup toor dal washed and soaked in water.
3) 2-3 dry red chillies.
4) 2-3 garlic cloves.
5) 1 small onion chopped finely.
6) mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder for seasoning.
7) Oil and salt to taste.
1) Pressure cook the Toor Dal.
2) Heat oil in a skillet and do the seasoning. Then add the red chillies and garlic and saute them for some more time.
3) Add onions and saute them for about a couple of minutes.
4) Add spinach. Mix well. Cover the lid and let it cook for some time.
5) Now add the cooked Toor Dal. Mix well and add water according to the desired consistency.
6) Add salt and let it boil for some time.
Palak Dal is ready. Serve hot with chapatis. Enjoy!!!