This healthy and heartsome salad was our lunch today. Weekends are always lazy and I need some quick and healthy recipe to serve. I had some black beans soaked overnight for curry. The idea of this salad flashed in my mind and I decided to give it a try. We loved it and it was an wholesome meal. The corn kernels and the fresh cucumber bites in between were tasting awesome. You can serve it hot or chilled. Both tastes equally good. I had it with some yogurt by the side. Here is what you need -
1) 1/2 cup Black Eyed Beans soaked overnight
2) 1/4 cup corn kernels boiled
3) 1 small cucumber diced
4) 1 small tomato diced
5) 1 small onion diced
6) 2 green chillied chopped
7) 2 tbspn lemon juice
8) a bunch of cilantro chopped for garnishing
9) Salt as per taste
1) Boil the beans till just tender. Do not overcook them. I pressure cooked them only till 1 whistle.
2) Mix all the ingredients with the beans in a mixing bowl.
3) Keep it covered for 5-10 minutes. Let the beans nicely marinate in the lemon juice.
4) Serve hot or chilled.
Enjoy and have a Healthy week ahead!!!