I had bought these fresh Green Beans from the Farmers Market and I thought of making something different with it. My mom makes this salad. It can be served as a side dish or can be eaten as a salad.
1) 1 cup Green Beans chopped
2) 2 tbspn frozen shredded coconut
For the seasoning -
1) 1 tspn mustard seeds, cumin seeds each
2) a pinch of asafoetida
3) 3-4 curry leaves
4) 2-3 green chillies chopped
1) Boil the beans until just tender. Add little salt in the water while boiling. You can add a pinch of Baking Soda in the water so that the beans retain its colour.
2) Drain the beans.
3) Do the seasoning. Heat little oil and add the seasoning ingredients. Once they sizzle pour the seasoning over the beans.
4) Add shredded coconut, salt as per taste. Mix well and serve.
This can be served chilled as well as hot. Enjoy!!