Aloo Paratha is a North Indian dish. Boiled mashed potatoes are spiced and stuffed in the dough and rolled. They can be savoured with yougurt, pickle or simple enjoy it with a small dallop of butter on hot Parathas. Here is what you gonna need -
For the dough -
1) 1 cup wheat flour
2) 3/4 cup water
3) 1 tbsp Oil
For the Stuffing -
1) 4 medium sized potatoes
2) 4-5 green chillied slitted and chopped
3) A bunch of cilantro freshly chopped
4) 1 tbsp Amchur powder
5) 1 tsp cumin seeds
1) Knead the dough with all the ingredients. It should be a semi soft dough and not as soft as needed for chapatis. Cover for 15 minutes and keep aside. Divide the dough into golf sized balls. Make 8 parts.
2) Cool the boiled potatoes to room temperature. Peel and mash them. Add the green chillies, cumin seeds, cilatro, amchur powder and salt to it and mix well. Make 8 seperate parts of the mixture.
3) Take 1 part of the dough and roll it into a small round. Place 1 part of the stuffing mixture in the rolled dough and cover up all the sides making a dumpling as shown in the picture. Repeat with all the other balls and keep aside. Let them rest for 2 minutes. Do not roll immediately.
4) Roll the stuffed ball into a paratha and fry it on a hot griddle from both sides with little oil.
Serve the parathas with yougurt, any pickle of your choice, mint chutney or even tomato ketchup. Enjoy!!!