Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cucumber Pancakes

My aunt used to make these pancakes. Never ate them before. Just tried them this weekend and we both liked it. It was friday night and my pantry was empty. I was thinking what can be made for dinner. I had nice gourmet mini cucumbers that I had bought from Costco just a day before and suddenly this recipe came to my mind. I do not know the original recipe for this but just gave it a try and it came out to be great...So, here is what you need.
Ingredients -
1) 3 cucumbers grated
2) 1 cup rice flour
3) 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
4) 1 tspn cumin seeds
5) 2-3 tbspn sesame seeds
6) Salt to taste and Oil for frying
Method -
1) In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the sesame seeds with as much water required to form a batter of pancake consistency. A little thicker than the dosa batter.
2) Heat a pan and pour a laddleful of batter and apply little oil from the sides.
3) Sprinkle little sesame seeds on top. Fry from both the sides.
Cucumber pancakes are ready. Serve them hot with pickle or a dallop of butter.

No comments: