Chicken Kadhai, one of my husband's favourite dish. He orders this everytime when we go to any Indian restaurant. I made this at home yesterday and it turned out delicious. A very very easy and a quick recipe. Here is what you need -
1) 1 pound chicken
2) 2 medium onions sliced lengthwise
3) 3-4 garlic cloves
4) 2 inch ginger
5) 3-4 green chillies
6) 3 medium tomatoes
7) 2-3 dry red chillies
8) 3-4 peppercons
9) 1 tspn turmeric powder
10) 1 tbspn cumin-coriander powder
11)Salt to taste and Ghee
1) Wash chicken pieces nicely and marinate it with turmeric powder and salt for 2 hours. Its always best to marinate it for a longer time. The longer you marinate the quicker the chicken cooks.
2) Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste.
3) Puree the tomatoes along with peppercons, cumin-coriander powder and dry red chillies.
4) Heat ghee in a skillet and put in the chicken pieces. Fry the pieces for a couple of minutes. Remove them.
4) In the same ghee, fry the onions till they become translucent.
5) Add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and saute for a minute.
6) Now, add the tomato puree and saute for a couple of minutes.
7) Add the chicken pieces. Mix well and add 1 cup of water. Adjust the salt at this time.
8) Cover and cook the chicken until its tender.
9) Garnish it with coriander and serve hot with chapatis or rice.