I had called my friends for a small party at home some time back. Had made this pasta that day. Everybody liked this Indian style Pasta and one of my friend asked me to blog it. I had made it this weekend and I am sure you all would love it. It has the flavours of Indian spices and gives it a whole new taste. We both love this. My Father-in-law also loved it. I made this many times when he was here. Here's what you need -
1) 2 cups Pasta any type (I used Barilla brand's macaroni)
2) 1 medium onion chopped in big chunks
3) 1 green and red bell pepper chopped
4) 1 cup spinach finely choped
5) 3 tbsp soya sauce (optional)
6) 3 tbsp tomato sauce
7) 1 tsp mustard seeds
8) 3-4 green chillie finely chopped
9) 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
10) 1 sprig of curry leaves
11)1 tbsp red chilli flakes
12)1 tbsp black pepper
13)A bunch of cilantro finely chopped
14)Salt to taste
16)Shredded cheese of your choice
1) Cook the Pasta "al dente" according to the cooking instructions.
2) Heat oil in a skillet and add the mustard seeds. Once they crackle add the curry leaves and garlic and saute for 30 secs.
3) Add onions and green chillies. Saute for a few seconds and immediately add the bell peppers, black pepper and red chilli flakes. Mix well.
4) Add in the sauces, spinach, cilantro and salt at this time. Saute for some more time. The veggies should not be overcooked. They tastes great when they are crunchy.
5) Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
6) Sprinkle as much cheese over it and mix it well.
Serve!!! This also tastes great when it is served cold.