Tiramisu is an Italian cake. It has now become the most popular dessert all over. The only way of better describing it is like "Heaven in Your Mouth". Yes!!!!! It tastes heavenly....
I was searching for some cake recipe over the net to surprise my husband for Valentine's Day. I found this recipe on showmethecurry. Thank you Hetal and Anuja. They are doing such a wonderful job. Love them...I watched their video and it was damn so easy. Without a second thought I decided to make it for my Valentine. It was just perfect. We both enjoyed it. I have absolutely no words how it tasted. You gotta make it.
The original recipe counts for Tiramisu biscuits or Ladyfingers which acts as the base for this dessert. An alternative to this is the plain sponge cake mix. It works great. I closely followed the recipe from showmethecurry.com Here is what you need -
1) Cake Mix
2) 3 egg yolks
3) 4 tbsp sugar divided
4) 8 oz Cream Cheese
5) 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
6) 1 cup coffee
7) Coco powder and powdered sugar for garnishing
1) Bake the cake as per the packet instructions. Use only half packet for this recipe. Once the cake is cooled down flip it on a flat surface and using a big knife cut it into 2 thin layers.
2) Now in a large bowl take the cream cheese and add 3 tbsp sugar. Mix it well until the sugar is dissolved. Use an electric blender.
3) Take egg yolks in a seperate bowl and whisk it continuously in a double boiler(Double Boiler Method - Place the bowl containing eggs over a pot of boiling water and whisk it continuously). In a minute or so it will change its color to lemon yellow. Immediately remove it from the boiler and add it to the cheese mixture. Mix it well.
4) Add 2 tbsp coffee and mix it well.
5) Now add the cool whip and mix it nicely.
Now its time to layer the cake.
6) Take a square baking dish with a lid. Place one layer of the cake in it. Now, with a spoon spread coffee all over the cake. The cake will absorb it.
7) Spread half of the cheese mixture over it. Spread Evenly.
8) Sprinkle coco powder all over. Tea strainer works best for this.
9) Now place another layer of cake on top and repeat the method again.
10)Spread coffee, cheese mixture and coco powder over it.
11)Close the lid and chill it overnight or for 8 hours minimum.
12)While serving garnish it with powdered sugar. Again, tea strainer works the best.
You can make it in the morning and have it as a desert for dinner.
Tiramisu is ready. Dig in it. Sluuuuuuuuuuuurp!!!
Surprise your sweetheart. Be it Valentine or any other day. It needs no occassion. Enjoy!!!