I had some leftover Paneer in the fridge and was thinking of using it with something. Thought of trying out this dish. This was an attempt which came out to be successful.
2 cups spinach washed and chopped
1 cup paneer cubes
2 large tomatoes
1 small onion chopped finely
1/2 cup cashews
3-4 green chillies
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
Salt as per taste
1) Dry roast the cashews and make a fine powder of them.
2) Heat oil in a wide skillet and add the green chillies and spinach. Saute till the spinach is cooked. Wait for a few minutes and let it cool. Blend them with a pinch of salt to a smooth paste.
3) Also blend the tomatoes seperately to a smooth puree.
4) Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and fry the paneer till it gets brown from both the sides.
Now with the curry -
5) Add oil in a wide skillet and fry the onions till ther are tanslucent.
6) Add ginger-garlic paste and cumin-coriander powder. Mix well and saute for a few minutes.
7) Now add the cashews, blended spinach and the tomato puree alongwith salt as per your taste. Mix and add water if needed. Do not dilute the curry too much. It should not spread when served in the plate. Cook it covered on low flame for around 7-10 minutes.
8) Just before turning off the heat add the paneer cubes. Mix them with the spinach. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
9) Serve hot with chapatis.