I had not tasted Palak Paratha until marriage. My mother-in-law introduced these green coloured parathas to me. She used to serve these hot parathas and i immediately fell in love with them. I liked them so much that now i have them on my dinner table on a weekly basis. You will need -
1) 1 cup spinach
2) 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3) 2 large garlic cloves
4) 2 cups whole wheat flour
5) 3-4 green chillies
6) salt as per taste
1) Grind the spinach, green chillies, cumin seeds and garlic together to a fine paste.
2) Take this mixture in a mixing bowl. Add flour, salt and 1 tsp oil and knead this mixture to a soft dough with as much water as needed.
3) Make small equal sized balls of the dough and roll each ball gently to a falt round paratha applying flour whenever necessary.
4) Place the paratha on a heated griddle and add few drops of oil on each side.
5) Repeat till all the balls are used up.
6) Serve these parathas hot with your choice of pickle or any other spicy gravy.
Note : The picture has not come out very attractive(I am very poor at clicking good photos). But believe me these tastes good. Try them out!!