Monday, March 3, 2008

Pasta

Before starting with the recipe I would like to tell something about my grandmother. I have stayed with her for almost 7 years before marriage and I owe a lot to her. She is a gem of a person. She is a wondeful human being and lives life to the fullest. She loves food, all types of food and loves eating out. She loves chocalates and ice creams though her dentures does not allow her to eat. Pizza and garlic bread being her favourite, she loves Pasta too with lots of cheese on it. She also makes lovely Pasta. We used to have this as our Sunday morning breakfast quite a lot of times. I made this over the weekend for our Saturday brunch. So, this one's for you, my dear ajji....muaaaaaahhhhh :)




Ingredients -

1) Any kind of Pasta. I used Macaroni
2) 1 cup veggies of your choice. I used green peas, corn, red peppers and carrots.
3) 1 medium onion chopped finely.
4) 2 large tomatoes chopped finely.
5) 1/2 tsp chilli powder.
6) Grated cheese
7) Tomato ketchep
8) Salt
9) Oil

Method -

1) Cook pasta as per the instructions. Drain and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok/kadai and add onions. Saute till light brown.
3) Then add the tomatos and saute.
3) Now add all the veggies. Add chilli powder and tomato ketchep. Mix well. Cover the lid and cook the veggies till tender.
4) Add the pasta. Mix it well with the veggies and add salt as per taste.
5) While serving add the grated cheese and Enjoy!!!

No comments: