Hmmmmm...Another type of dal. Very simple and quick. Perfect for bachelors.
1 cup toovar dal
1 large onion chopped finely
1 large tomato chopped finely
3-4 dry red chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mustard seeds, cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
1 tbsp Garam Masala.
a bunch of chopped fresh cilantro
1) Heat a Pressure Cooker and add a generous amount of ghee. Melt the ghee.
2) Add the tadka ingredients - asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chillies.
3) Add onions and saute them nicely.
4) Then add tomatoes and all the powders and cook for a while.
5) Now add the washed toovar dal with 3-4 cups of water.
6) Pressure cook the dal and cool the cooker.
7) Add the chopped cilantro for garnishing.
Serve this dal with rice along with curd or any kind of your favourite pickle.
This leads to a very satisfying meal.