I have eaten this dish only in restaurants but never tried at home. I had some leftover Paneer in the pantry so thought of giving this a try. You would need -
1) 1/2 pound Paneer
2) 3 small tomatoes
3) 2 green chillies
4) 1 inch ginger
5) 1/2 tspn cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida and a bay leaf
6) 2 tbspn yogurt
7) 1 tspn red chilli powder, 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
8) 1 tspn garam masala
9) Oil and salt to taste
1) Heat 1 tspn oil in a pan and fry the paneer from both the sides.
2) Blend tomatoes, ginger and green chillies together.
3) Heat little oil in a wide skillet and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Saute for some time and then add the blended mixture. Mix well. Cover and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4) Now add the red chilli powder and garam masala. Saute for some more time.
5) At this time add the yougurt and mix well. Keep stirring for a minute and add the paneer cubes.
6) Cover the lid for 2-3 miniutes. Paneer Butter Masala is ready. Serve hot!!