This weekend I decided to try different cuisines. Mexican being my favourite, I tried out these Veg Quesadillas and loved it. The best part is you can include your choice of fresh veggies and enjoy them with hot Salsa. A perfect dish for weekend brunch or a quick dinner.
Here is what you need -
1) 2 strigs green onions chopped finely
2) 1/2 cup bell peppers (green, red, yellow) diced finely
3) 1 tomato chopped finely
4) 1/2 cup spinach chopped finely
5) 1/2 cup mushrooms cut into halves
6) 1 tspn chilli powder or chilli flakes
7) Salt to taste
8) Shredded cheese of your choice
9) Olive Oil
10) Flour Tortillas
1) Heat olive oil in a wide skillet.
2) Add all the veggies and saute for some time. Add salt and chilli powder. Mix well and saute till the veggies are dry. Mushrooms leave water when cooked so make sure that the veggies are completely dry.
3) Heat few drops of oil in a pan. Place a tortilla and immediately flip over. Cook until golden brown.
4) Spread a layer of cheese on the tortilla followed by a layer of the veggie mixture.
5) Cover with another Tortilla. Put few drops of oil on the tortilla and flip it over.
6) Cook until it is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
7) Remove from heat and cut it into quarters. Serve it with salsa.