Bread Pakoda or Bread Masala, you can call it by whichever name you want. I didn't find any suitable name for this but it is a perfect evening snack with tea/coffee especially when you are very hungry. You would need -
1) Bread,any kind. I used sandwich bread
2) 1/2 cup besan/chickpea flour
3) 1 small onion chopped finely
4) 1 small tomato chopped finely
5) 2-3 green chillies
6) 1 tbspn red chilli powder
7) Salt as per taste
9) Oil for frying
1) Mix besan and water in a bowl. The consistency should be on a thicker side but not as thin as you make for dosas/idlis. It should be easy to spread over the bread.
2) In this mixture add all the other ingredients and set aside.
3) Heat a pan and add little oil. Slice the bread into half.
4) Spread the mixture on the bread and shallow fry it. Turn over and fry the other side too.
5) Serve it with ketchup.