Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pasta in Italian Sauce

Well, I am not a lover of Pasta nor my hubby. But I decided to try this out over the weekend. I liked it. Its quick, includes veggies and 'A' liked it too.
Ingredients -
1) 1/2 packet Pasta of any kind. I used Penne
2) 2 cups chopped vegetables of your choice. (I used 1/2 packet of frozen stir fry vegetables)
3) Pasta/Italian sauce. I used the Traditional "Prego" brand
4) 1 tbspn chilli powder and cumin-coriander powder each
5) Salt as per taste
6) Olive oil
Ingredients -
1) Cook the pasta as per the instructions. Drain the pasta and hold it under cold water. Keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in a wide skillet and saute the vegetables.
3) Add salt and chilli powder. Mix well and saute for some more time. Do not over cook the veggies.
4) Add the pasta sauce and the cooked pasta. Mix well.
Serve hot.

No comments: