Monday, May 18, 2009

7 layer bar cookies

These 7 layer magic bars are just awesome. I fell in love with them the moment i tasted them. For a girl like me, who is not at all fond of sweets, could not resist eating just 1 cookie. These bars are a hit in every party. I ate them at a potluck party and immediately asked for the recipe to my friend. Could not believe this recipe is so simple. Tried them out last week.
Ingredients -
1) 13*9 baking pan
2) 1 stick unsalted butter
3) 1.5 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
4) 1 cup (6 ounces) Chocalate chips/Semi sweet chocalate chips (I used Hersheys packet of 12 ounces)
5) 1 cup (6 ounces) Butterscoth chips (Hersheys pack of 12 ounces)
6) 1 cup crushed pecans/walnuts/peanuts (I used crushed walnuts)
7) 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
8) 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
Method -
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Farenheit.
2) Melt the butter in the pan. I put it in the pan while its preheated.
3) Once the butter melts spread the crumbsto cover it and press it with a fork to form a nice layer.
3) Now, start layering the rest (chocalate chips, butterscoth chips and walnuts).
4) Then pour the condensed milk over it starting from the ends covering the entire pan.
5) At the last, pour the coconut flakes over the milk.
6) Bake it for around 20 minutes or till the coconut turns golden brown.
7) Refrigerate it for few hours. Cut it slices and enjoy!!!

I bet you can't eat just one. :)

No comments: