Dahi Wada, is a North Indian snack/appetizer but now famous all over. It tastes awesome and also a reliever from this scorching heat.
1) 1 cup urad dal washed and soaked overnight
2) Dahi/Yogurt whipped well
3) Salt to taste and oil for frying
4) red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder to taste
5) Tamarind chutney to taste
1) Grind the urad dal with very little water required to a smooth paste.
2) Take this mixture in a bowl and whip it nicely for about 2-3 minutes until the batter becomes smooth and fluffy.
3) Heat oil in a wide skillet. Drop a spoonful of batter and fry them very little until they are just light brown. Remove immediately. Drain on a paper towel.
4) Once the wadas are cooled, soak them in luke warm water for about 20 minutes.
5) Take the whipped yogurt in a bowl. Add salt to it. Now, squeeze the water out from the wadas and put them in the water. Do this very carefully. Squeeze just a little bit and make sure you are not breaking the wadas. Soak these wadas in the yogurt and refrigerate.
While serving, first prepare the extra yogurt by adding water and salt to it so that it is of pouring consistency. Take out the wadas in the serving dish and pour this yougurt over them. Sprinkle chilli powder and cumin powder as per taste and pour about 1 or 2 tbspn of tamarind chutney. Serve chilled. Enjoy!!