I had bought a box of baby spinach from Costco. The spinach leaves were nice fresh dark green and tasty. As the quantity you get in Costco is always in wholesale, I was worried that the spinach would not last long. But surprisingly it did and it was fresh for almost around 2 and a half weeks. I made Palak Parathas, Aloo Palak, Spinach Raita, Corn Palak, and Spinach Rice and all the dishes were awesome. The spinach had its original natural taste and I loved it and now I have decided to bring Spinach only from Costco. If anybody of you have not tried it, go ahead.
Here is what you need for Spinach Rice -
1) 1 cup rice washed and drained
2) 1 cup spinach
2) 2-3 green chillies
3) 2-3 garlic cloves
4) 1/2 onion chopped finely
5) 1 medium tomato chopped finely
6) 1 bay leaf
7) 2-3 cloves and black pepperons each
8) 1 tspn garam masala powder
9) Salt to taste and Oil
1) First, blend the spinach, green chillies and garlic to a smooth paste adding very little water if required.
2) Heat some oil in a vessel and add the bay leaf, cloves and black pepperons and saute for few seconds.
3) Add onions and fry till light brown. Then add the tomatoes and saute till they are mushy.
4) Now add the Palak paste. Mix well and add garam masala. Saute till the oil leaves and add the rice.
5) Mix well and add 2 cups of water. Add salt and bring it to boil till the rice is completely cooked.
Spinach Rice is ready!!! Serve hot with some raita.