Here is another sweet entry from me. My husband bought these larger dates packet from Indian Stores and i was wondering what can be made out of that. Cakes came to my mind and I tried out this simple recipe and it was great. And its eggless too. So, its very easy. Just mix together the ingredients and bake your cake. Here is what you need -
1) 25 seedless dates approx
2) 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
3) Sweetened Condensed Milk (a can of 14 oz)
4) 1 stick unsalted butter
5) 1 tspn Baking Soda
6) 1 1/2 tspn Baking Powder
7) 1/2 cup mixed dryfruits of your choice(walnuts, almonds, cashews raisins)
1) Soak the dates in warm water for around half an hour.
2) Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
3) Melt the butter stick in microwave for 20 secs and add to the bowl. Also add the can of sweetened condensed milk.
4) Blend the dates with 4-5 tbspn water and add this puree to the bowl.
5) Lastly add in the dryfruits and mix well.
6) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees farenheit.
7) Grease a baking bowl with the baking spray and pour in this mixture in it.
8) Bake it for about 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
You can substitute the dates with any other fruit. I think strawberry would also work better or pineapple. Enjoy!!!