I made this as a dessert on Christmas Eve. It tasted great and its so easy to make. It can also be made as a make ahead desert. Here is what you need -
1) 2 cups milk (I used 2% but would work best if use whole milk)
2) 5 tbsp Rose Syrup (Easily available in any Indian stores)
3) 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
4) 1/2 tsp Basil seeds or Tukmaria (Bought from Indian stores)
5) A handful of store bought Falooda Sev
6) a pinch of cardamom powder
7) Sliced pistachios for garnishing
8) Any flavoured icecream - Vanilla, Strawberry, Kesar Pista. I used a Falooda flavoured icecream
1) Soak the basil seeds in water for about half an hour. The longer the better.
2) Boil around 2 cups of water in a skillet. Add the Falooda sev and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Strain it.
3) Boil 2 cups of milk in a skillet. Once the milk is boiled add the rose syrup, cardamom powder, Falooda sev and sugar. Mix it well and refrigerate for around 3 hours.
4) While serving, add around 1 cup of Icecream in the milk and mix it well. Let it melt. At this time also add the basil seeds.
5) In the serving glass, add 2 scoops of icecream and pour the milk over it filling the glass. Garnish with sliced pistachios.
Dig in it and Enjoy!!