Kacchi Dabeli reminds me of my college days. If you ever want to eat authentic Kacchi Dabeli, you should visit Pune. At the other end of Hongkong Lane or in front of Deccan Bus Depot, there used to be a thelevala (man with a cart) selling hot dabelis. If ever we used to pass by that side, it was a must to stop and eat those tempting Dabelis.
I had totally forgotten about these until few days back when i ate these hot dabelis at a function at my friend's place. Thanks to her. It made me so nostalgic. I immediately asked for the recipe and that was so simple. No doubt i bought the Dabeli Masala and tried it out immediately over the weekend. Here is what you need -
1) 1 tbspn Bombay Magic Kacchi Dabeli Masala store bought (You can easily get them in Indian Stores)
2) 4 burger buns
3) 4 potatoes boiled
4) 1 onion finely chopped
5) Tamarind and Date chutney to taste
6) Pomogrante seeds
7) Masala Peanuts
8) Salt to taste
9) Lime Juice
10)Cilantro finely chopped
1) Mash the boiled potatoes and add the Dabeli Masala to it.
2) Heat 1 tspn oil in a pan and heat this mixture for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add salt, sugar and lemon as per taste and heat it again for around 10-12 minutes stirring in between.
4) Spread this mixture in a plate and add the Pomogrante seeds and cilantro Mix well.
3) Now spread the tamarind-date chutney to both sides of the bun.
4) Put 2 tbspn of the potato mixture on one side of the bun.
5) Over it put some chopped onions and masla peanuts.
6) Now cover the other side of the bun.
7) Heat little oil in a non stick pan and lightly fry the buns from both the sides.