Daliya(Cracked Wheat) Upma is a very healthy dish. You can have it as a whole meal adding some veggies to it or as a weekend brunch. It tasted great. Here is what you need -
1) 1 cup daliya or Cracked Wheat
2) 2 cups water
3) mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder for seasoning
4) 1 cup veggies of your choice (I used mixed vegetables like carrots, green beans, peas and sweet corn)
5) 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
6) 1 inch ginger grated
7) 1 small onion finely chopped
8) Oil and salt to taste
1) Pressure cook the daliya until 3-4 whistles.
2) Heat oil in a skillet and do the seasoning. Add green chillies, ginger. Saute and add onions. Fry them till light brown.
3) Add the veggies. Mox well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add salt and cook for few more minutes.
5) Now add the cooked daliya. Mix well. Cover and let it cook for some more time.
6) Garnish it with cilantro and serve hot.