I saw this recipe on an Indian cookery show. I knew spinach with mushrooms is a great combination and decided to give it a try. They were quick and tasted great.
Here is what you need -
1) 1 cup spinach chopped finely
2) 1 cup boiled mushrooms
3) 1 cup wheat flour
4) 1 cup besan.chick pea flour
5) 1 cup peanut powder
6) 1 tspn ginger-garlic-green chillies paste
7) Salt to taste
8) Lemon juice
9) 2 tspn water
10)Oil for frying
11)1 tspn rice flour
12)1 tspn rava/sooji/semolina
1) Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except oil, rava and rice flour and knead them into a dough.
2) Use very little water to mix these as the mushrooms and spinach itself loose some water.
3) Take a small portion of the dough (a size smaller than a golf ball) and make round tikkis. Repeat this with the remaining dough.
4) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan.
5) In the meantime mix the rice flour and rava together. Coat the tikkis in this mixture and shallow fry them from both the sides.
6) Garnish it with shredded coconut and cilantro. Serve it eith ketchup or chutney.