I saw this recipe on showmethecurry.com and bookmarked it long back. I decided to try it out this weekend. This can also be a wholehearty lunch as it contains daliya or cracked wheat and it keeps your tummy full for a while. Here is what you need -
1) 1/2 cup daliya
2) 1 small onion chopped finely
3) 1 small tomato chopped into cubes
4) 2-3 green chillies chopped finely
5) 1 small bell pepper chopped into cubes
6) 5-6 almonds sliced finely
7) 1 tspn pine nuts
8) 1 tbspn dried apricots or dried cranberries or raisins
9) 1/4 tsp black pepper
10)Salt to taste
11)Cilantro chopped finely
1) Pressure cook the daliya with 1 cup of water.
2) Heat pan and dry roast the sliced almonds and pine nuts lightly. Keep aside.
3) Heat 1 tspn olive oil in the same pan. Add onions and green chillies and saute them till the onions are light brown.
4) Keep aside in a mixing bowl and let the onions cool down completely.
5) Add daliya and all the other ingredients - tomatoes, bell pepper, black pepper, salt, roasted almonds and pine nuts, dried apricots and cilantro.